Richmond Marathon Training: Week 11 Review

Okay, it's time to get real. It doesn't seem like that long ago that I was shouting from the rooftops that I wanted to run a sub 3:10 marathon, a goal I knew would be a big reach but feasible if I worked my butt off.

After 11 weeks of training, I think I need to reevaluate.

I haven't been feeling great for the past few weeks and have tried to cut some miles out and modify some workouts to get back on track. It's not happening. I'm exhausted. I'm battling annoying pain in my left calf and right hip. In short, I feel like I'm falling apart.

So here is my Week 11 review. And this, my friends, means you are 100% up to speed on my training.



Planned: 70 miles
Actual: 52.53 miles

Monday
Rest
Rest

Tuesday
AM- 6  miles
PM- 4 miles
0 miles. Had planned to take a break during the work day to run and it was super crappy out so I didn't. I had a hair appointment. And I didn't even feel bad about not running.


Wednesday
15 miles
0 miles.
Couldn't get out of bed this morning and had a work meeting at night. I felt a little bad about not running.


Thursday
5 mile recovery
AM- 10 miles, 1:18:34; 7:51 average pace
Slow start to this run but finished up under a 7:30 pace. Left calf sore.
PM- 5.15 miles on the track
Got a few more miles in with my sister on the track. She's training to ace her PT for the FBI. Yep, the FBI. She had four different tests to do with a 5 minute break in between. I ran through her breaks and pace her on her runs. First 3 miles at 7:05 pace, last 2 miles at 8:05 average pace. Felt okay but legs got really tight when I stopped for a minute.

Friday
12 miles w/ 7 at half pace
11 miles w/ 7 at almost half pace
Another treadmill run. Ran a 3 mile warm up and set my speed. I made it through the first 2 miles okay (7:02, 7:04) but I started to feel pretty awful. I told myself to make it at least halfway through and I could take a break (7:14, 3:35 for half mile- 7:10 pace). After 3.5 miles I jogged for a quarter mile and then took off again, this time feeling worse than before. 7:33, 8:50 (walked!) 7:14 and 3:34 (half mile, 7:10 pace). Half mile cool down.

Saturday
5 mile recovery
6.1 miles; 56:39; 9:17 average pace
Ran with my sister and her dog around Calhoun. Stopped at a dog park for a while, too. Nice, easy run.

Sunday
22 miles
20.28 miles; 2:42:52, 8:02 average pace
I went into this only planning to run 20 miles. 22 miles just seemed excessive, especially in light of my body's rebellion. I felt pretty good all throughout this run and only stopped once to refill my bottle. Additionally, I didn't realize until I was on my way out the door that I only had one GU left. So I only ingested 100 calories over 20 miles, which explains why I was so tired. It was a gorgeous day, though. Great for a run.
 
In case you missed it:

Richmond Marathon Training Week 10
Richmond Marathon Training Week 9
Richmond Marathon Training Week 8
Richmond Marathon Training Week 7
Richmond Marathon Training Week 6
Richmond Marathon Training Week 5
Richmond Marathon Training Week 4
Richmond Marathon Training Week 3
Richmond Marathon Training Week 2
Richmond Marathon Training Week 1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

stalk me when i run (and other marathon things)

my first race & other weekend activities

how to train for the bear run on a treadmilll